1.Chen, D. (1991), Turbulent dynamic equations based on eddy and its application in k-e model. Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics in China, V.3, 65--73, International Academic Publishers, Pergamon Press, Oxford.
2.Chen, D. and G. H. Jirka (1994), Axisymmetric instability of the annular Hagen Poiseuille flow with small inner radius by Chebyshev pseudo spectral method. International J. of Computational Fluid Dynamics, V.3, 265-280.
3.Chen, D. and G. H. Jirka (1995), Experimental study of plane turbulent wakes in a shallow water. Fluid Dynamics Research, V.16, 11-41. (Journal Impact Factor 1.012, SCI citations over 90, referred as elegant results in Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics)
4.Chen, D. and W. Brutsaert (1995), Diagnostics of landsurface spatial variability and water vapor flux. J. of Geophysical Research 100(D12), 25595-25606.
5.Nash, J., G. H. Jirka and D. Chen (1995), Large scale planar laser induced fluorescence in turbulent density stratified flows. Experiments of Fluids, V.19, 297-304.
6.Brutsaert, W. and D. Chen (1995), Desorption and the two drying stages of tall grass prairie. Water Resources Research, V.31, No.5, 1305-1313.
7.Brutsaert, W. and D. Chen (1996), Diurnal variation of surface fluxes during thorough drying (or severe drought) of natural prairie. Water Resources Research, V.32, No.7, 2013-2020.
8.Chen, D., T. Engman and W. Brutsaert (1997), Spatial distribution and pattern persistence of surface soil moisture and temperature over prairie from remote sensing. Remote Sensing of Environment, V.61(3), 347-360.
9.Chen, D. and G. H. Jirka (1997), Absolute and convective instabilities of plane turbulent wakes in shallow-water layer. J. of Fluid Mechanics, V.338, 157-172.
10.Chen, D. and G. H. Jirka (1998), Instability characteristics of mixing layer and jet under the joint effects of bottom friction and viscosity. IAHR J. of Hydraulic Research, V.36, 815-830.
11.Chen, D. and W. Brutsaert (1998), Satellite-sensed distribution and spatial patterns of vegetation parameters over tall grass prairie. J. of the Atmospheric Sciences, V55(7), 1225-1238.
12.Chen, D. and G. H. Jirka (1999), LIF study of plane jet bounded in shallow water layer. ASCE J. of Hydraulic Eng., V.125(8), 817-826.
13.Spanou, M. and D. Chen (2000), An Object-Oriented tool for the control of point-source pollution in river systems. Environmental Modelling and Software, V.15(1),35-54.
14.Letherman, S. B., M. A. Cotton, P. K. Stansby, C. Chen and D. Chen, (2000), An assessment of k-e and k-i turbulence models for oscillatory rough bed flows, IAHR Journal of Hydroinformatics, V.4(2), 221-234.
15.Lloyd, P. M., P. K. Stansby and D. Chen (2001), Wake formation around islands in oscillatory laminar shallow-water flows. J.of Fluid Mechanics. V.429, 217-238.
16.Spanou, M. and D. Chen (2001), Water quality modelling of the upper Mersey River system using an Object-Oriented software. IAHR Journal of Hydroinformatics, V.3, 173-194.
17.Spanou, M. and D. Chen (2002), Integrated management of Upper Mersey River basin using the SMILE Object-Oriented software system, IWA Water Science and Technology, V46(6-7), 105-112.
18.Jackson, T.J., D. Chen, M.H. Cosh, F. Li, C. Walthall, M. Anderson, C. Walthall, P. Doriaswamy and E.R. Hunt (2004), Vegetation water content mapping using Landsat data derived normalized difference water index for corn and soybeans, Remote Sensing of Environment, V92, 475-482
19.Chen, D., F.E. Tang and C.Q. Chen (2005), Pollutant Trapping at a Coastal Headland, ASCE J. of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering. V131(3), 98-114
20.Chen, D. and J.F. Huang and T. Jackson (2005), Vegetation Water Content Estimation Using MODIS Near- and Short-Wave Infrared Bands and Derived Indices, Remote Sensing of environment, V98, 225-236.
21.Shams, S. P. Bhattacharya, S. Langaas, G. Jacks, K.M. Ahmed,G. Anders, D. Chen and A. Granlund (2006), Mapping and Interpretation of field data for Evaluation and Mitigation of Groundwater Contamination: The Case of Arsenic in Bangladesh. J. of Hydroinformatics, V7, 25-36.
22.Ahmed, A.A. and D. Chen (2006), Effects of contamination age on phenanthrene desorption from aquifers, Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part A: Toxic/Hazardous Substance & Environmental Engineering, V41, 1-15.
23. Leone A, Shams S and Chen D (2006) An Object-Oriented and OpenGIS Supported Hydro Information System (30-HIS) for Upper Mersey River Basin Management. Journal of River Basin Management, V4(2), 1-9.
24.Ahmed, A.A. and D. Chen (2006), Field Scale DNAPLs transport under nonequilibrium sorption conditions, Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part A: Toxic/Hazardous Substance & Environmental Engineering, V41(3), 273-290.
25.Daoyi Chen, CQ Chen, Fu-Ee Tang, PK Stansby, Ming Li, (2007), Boundary Layer Structure of Oscillatory Open-Channel Shallow Flows over Smooth and Rough Beds, Experiments in Fluids, V42 (5), 719-736.
26. Yonghong Yi, Dawen Yang, Daoyi Chen and Jingfeng Huang (2007) Retrieving crop physiological parameters and assessing water deficiency using MODIS data during winter wheat growing period. Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing, V.33(3), 189-202.
27.Andrea Leone and Daoyi Chen, (2007), Implementation of an Object Oriented data model in an Information System for water catchment management: JAVA JDO and db4o Object Database. Environmental Modelling & Software, V22, 1805-1810
28.Ming Li, B.A O’Connor, S Pan and D Chen, (2007), Development of a quasi-3d numerical model for sediment transport in the coastal region, J of Hydro-Environment Research, V.1 (2) 143-156.
29.YH Yi, DW Yang, D Chen, JF Huang (2008) Evaluation of MODIS surface reflectance products for wheat LAI retrieval . ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, V63 (6), 661-677
30.Burrows R, (Walkington IA), Yates NC, Hedges TS, Li M, Zhou JG, Chen DY, (Wolf J, Holt J and Proctor R) (2009) 'Tidal energy potential in UK waters'. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Maritime Engineering vol 162 issue MA4 pp 155-164
31.JF Huang, D Chen and M Cosh (2009) Sub-Pixel Reflectance Unmixing in Estimating Vegetation Water Content and Dry Biomass of Corn and Soybeans Cropland using Normalized Difference Water Index (NDWI) from Satellites. International Journal of Remote Sensing V30 (8), 2075-2104
32. Ashraf A Ahmed and Daoyi Chen (2010) Desorption Kinetics of TCE and PCE in Aged DNAPL Contaminated Soil. Water and Environment Journal, V24, 159-164
33. Shahriar Shams, EblalZakzok, Daoyi Chen, Jingfeng Huang (2010), Estimation and monitoring non-point source pollutant loads: an object oriented hydro information approach, International Journal of Environment and Waste Management, V6 (3/4), 220-236.
34.Ahmed AT, Khalid HA, (Ahmed AA) and Chen D (2010) Experimental and numerical characterisation of the leaching of incinerator bottom ash waste. Waste Management, V30 (8/9), 1536-1543
35. D Chen, S Shams, C Carmona-Moreno and A Leone (2010) Assessment of Open Source GIS Software for Water Resources Management in Developing Countries. J of Hydro-Environment Research, V.4 (3), 253-264
36. Itugha, O.D, Chen, D and Ahmed, A.A., (2010) Solute migration and transport in coastal sand-beach sediments under strong tides, Environmental Hydraulics: Proceedings of the 6th Symposium on Environmental Hydraulics, Athens, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, Eds, G. C. Christodoulou and A. I. Stamou, V.2, 935-942. (ISBN: 978-0-415-59546-9)
37. Dondeynaz,C. P. Mainarsi, C. Carmona-Moreno and D Chen, (2010), A web based knowledge management platform for the cooperation and development in the water sector: AquaKnow.net, Processding ofthe9th International Conference on Hydroinformatics (HIC2010), Tianjin, China, pp 1026-1034 ISBN 978-7-89472-324-6 Chemical Industry Press
38.SX Shi and D Chen (2011), The Development of An Automated PIV Image Processing Software - SmartPIV, Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, V22, 181–189
39.SX Shi and D Chen (2011), Enhancing particle image tracking performance with a sequential Monte Carlo method the bootstrap filter, Flow Measurement and Instrumentation V22, 190-200.
40.J. A. Griffiths, D. Chen, R. Turchetta, G. J. Royle (2011), Characterization study of an intensified complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor active pixel sensor, Review of Scientific Instrument, 82, 033709
41.GQ Wang, D Chen and XK Wang, M Asim and JQ Xia (2011), Effects of Shallowness on Sediment Depositions in Shallow Recirculation Zones, submitted to ASCE J of Hydraulic Engineering，V137(9)976-985
42.Xin Chen, Yong Li, Xiaojing Niu, Daoyi Chen , Xiping Yu (2011), A two-phase approach to wave-induced sediment transport under sheet flow conditions, Coastal Engineering, V.58, 1072-1088
43.Xin Chen , Yong Li , Xiaojing Niu , Ming Li , Daoyi Chen , Xiping Yu, (2011), A general two-phase turbulent flow model applied to the study of sediment transport in open channels, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, V37(9), 1099-1108
44. Ashraf A Ahmed and Daoyi Chen (2012), Modelling of naphthalene sorption in shallow beach aquifers, Proceedings of the ICE - Water Management, V.165(7), 355 –364.
45. F.E Tand and D Chen, (2012), Tidal Flow Patterns Near A Coastal Headland, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology V.63, 782-790
46. Chen, D. and Huang, H. (2012), Interaction of flows and particles at sub-micrometer scales, Environmental Fluid Mechanics: Memorial Volume of IAHR Monographs in honour of Prof. Gerhard H. Jirka, Taylor & Francis, Edited by Wolfgang Rodi, Markus Uhlmann Chapter 12, 239-247. (ISBN-978-0-415-67045-6)
47. Chen， D(2012)，Onset Conditions for Vortex Shedding Wakes in Atmosphere and Ocean，3rd Int. Symp.on Shallow Flows, Iowa City, USA, June 4 - 6, 2012
48. Wu, GZ, L. He and D. Chen (2013) Sorption and distribution of asphaltene, resin, aromatic and saturate fractions of heavy crude oil on quartz surface: molecular dynamic simulation, Chemosphere, V92, 1465-1471.
49. Wu G, Zhu X, Ji H, Chen D (2015) Molecular modeling the interactions between heavy crude oil and the soil organic matter coated quartz surface, Chemosphere, V119, 242-249
50. Huang, L ; Fang, HW ; Fazeli, M ; Chen, YS ; He, GJ; Chen, DY (2015)，Mobility of phosphorus induced by sediment resuspension in the Three Gorges Reservoir by flume experiment，Chemosphere，V 134 ，374-379.
51. Zhu X, Wu G, Chen D (2015) Molecular dynamic simulation of asphaltene co-aggregation with humic acid during oil spill，Chemosphere, 138, 412-421.
52. Huang, L ; Fang, HW ; Fazeli, M ; Chen, YS ; He, GJ; Chen, DY (2015)，Mobility of phosphorus induced by sediment resuspension in the Three Gorges Reservoir by flume experiment，Chemosphere，V 134 ，374-379.
55. Sui, H., Li, L., Zhu, X., Chen, D., Wu, G., 2016. Modeling the adsorption of PAH mixture in silica nanopores by molecular dynamic simulation combined with machine learning. Chemosphere 144, 1950-1959.
56. Liu, YC; Li, SW; Yi, Q; Chen, D, 2016, Developments in semi-submersible foundations supporting wind turbines: A comprehensive review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, V60, 433-449
57. Zi, Mucong; Chen, Daoyi; Ji, Haoqing; Wu, Guozhong,（2016），Effects of asphaltenes on the formation and decomposition of methane hydrate：a molecular dynamics study, Energy & Fuels, 2016, 30 (7), 5643–5650
58. Zhu X, Chen D, Wu G, (2016), Insights into asphaltene aggregation in the Na-montmorillonite interlayer, Chemosphere, V 160 (10), 62–70
59. Zhu X, Wu G, Chen D, (2016),Molecular dynamics simulation of cyclodextrin aggregation and extraction of Anthracene from non-aqueous liquid phase, Journal of Hazardous Materials, V 320 (12), 169–175.
60. Okuroghoboye, D.I, Chen, D. and Guo Y. (2016), Pollutant Advective Spreading in Beach Sand Exposed to High-Energy Tides, Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, available online DOI: 10.1016/j.ecss.2016.08.011
61. Ji, Haoqing; Wu, Guozhong; Zi, Mucong; Chen, Daoyi (2016), Microsecond molecular dynamics simulation of methane hydrate formation in the humic acid amended Na-montmorillonite, Energy & Fuels, DOI: 10.1021/acs.energyfuels.6b01544